Definitions and interpretation
|Data||All information that you submit to us or we collect from you as set out in this policy. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1988. We are registered on the Information Commissioner Office’s Register of data controllers with number ZA173539;|
|Cookie||A small file placed on your computer (if you allow cookies) when you use this Web-site. Details of the cookies we use are included in this policy;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)(Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||Anyone who accesses the Web-site and is not a) employed by FairerPPI and acting in the course of their employment or b) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to FairerPPI and accessing the site in connection with those services.|
|Web-site||The Web-site accessible via www.fairerppi.com and www.fairerppi.co.uk, the equivalent IP addresses and any sub-domains or proxy addresses (such as shortened uniform resource locators).|
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” means “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
Data Collected from You
- We may collect Data (includes Personal Data) including the following from you:
Data Collected Through Our Web-site
- Current postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- IP addresses (automatically collected);
Our use of your Data
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988, FairerPPI is the “data controller”.
- We will retain your Data for up to six years after we last have contact with You.
- Any further use of your data by Canary Claims (e.g. to contact banks on your behalf) will only happen if you decide to proceed by signing and returning their terms and conditions which are contained in the claims pack.
- Unless we are obliged by law to do so, we will not disclose your Data to any other third parties.
- Any or all of the Data may be required by us at any time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience on this Web-site. Specifically, Data may be used for the purposes of:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of Web-site.
Third party Web-sites and services
- FairerPPI Limited may, from time to time, make use of the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Web-site. The providers of these services have access to certain limited Data as follows:
- If you use the form on our Web-site to provide your details and you use the address lookup functionality, the post-code you enter is processed by a third-party company who provide an address or addresses which pertain to that post-code. The post-code is retained by the third-party for six months, but no other information is shared with them.
Links to other Web-sites
- This Web-site may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. You choose to use such social sharing buttons at your own discretion and You should note that the social media platforms may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Changes of ownership and business control
Controlling use of your Data
- You may restrict our use of your Data for some purposes by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our business address.
- You may ask us to remove your Data which we have collected through our Web-site by writing to us at email@example.com or at our business address.
Functionality of the Web-site
- To use all features and functions of the Web-site you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have a right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by FairerPPI (where such Data is held). You can make such a request by writing to us at our business address. To protect your privacy we cannot accept email requests for copies of such Data.
- Information security and the security of your Data is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, technical and managerial controls to safeguard Data we collect and you submit to us.
- You use this Web-site and its facilities at your own risk.
- All Cookies used by this Web-site are in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- The Web-site may place the following types of Cookies:
How you can block or remove cookies
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your browser. By default, most browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details consult the help menu in your browser.
- You can also choose to delete Cookies at any time.
- If you choose not to accept Cookies or to delete them, some aspects of our Web-site may not function correctly for you.
- We recommend that you ensure that your browser is up to date and that you consult help and guidance provided by your browser manufacturer for details of how to use privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy shall be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.